You want to make money in the music business, right? Sometimes you have to think outside the box to make it in this industry. The good news is, Priddis Music has new streams of income for your music that you may not have considered before.
If you can say yes to any of the following, we have additional income for you.
1. Have you made your own recordings or renditions of popular songs (referred to as “covers” or “sound-alikes”?
2. Did you make a performance version of your recordings, without the lead singer (referred to as a “minus track” or “karaoke” version)?
3. Do you have your original multi-track recordings of those songs in ProTools or some other professional recording software?
4. Do you own the rights to your recordings (not as the writer or publisher, but as the owner of your rendition / recording)?
5. You have your own recording studio and would like to make custom recordings of popular songs.
6. Most importantly, are your recordings good quality? Do they sound close to the original, or are they a really cool new arrangement?
If you want to make it in the Music Business, you need to take advantage of every opportunity to generate income with your music. You can’t do everything alone. We can help.
For over 30 years, Priddis Music has recorded and marketed thousands of high quality “karaoke” performance tracks under the ProSound Karaoke label. We also represent other catalogs and recordings from companies and musicians locally and internationally. We sell these tracks as downloads on numerous download sites around the world. Not only Itunes, but specialty sites specifically for singers. The tracks are sold as both “minus tracks” for singers and “cover tracks” with a lead vocalist.
Priddis also licenses these minus tracks and cover recordings to TV Shows, movies, YouTube and other uses. We receive license requests on almost a daily basis, from movies such as Despicable Me 2 and TV shows like Family Guy, American Idol, X Factor and many, many more.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
If you are interested in generating additional income from your recordings, here’s what to do.
1. Send Samples. The first step is to send us some samples of your recordings. You can email us complete files or short samples. You can also give us a link to your samples.
2. Catalog. Give us a list of your recordings. We may or may not need the songs you have done. If we already have your song, but you have done an original arrangement, we can still use it.
3. Agreement. If we like the quality of your recordings, and you have some songs that we would like to add to our catalog, we’ll send you an agreement. Some highlights of the agreement are: a) you keep the rights to your recordings; b) you give us the non-exclusive right to represent your recordings in the karaoke and licensing business; c) we split any income generated 50/50 with you, after subtracting copyright licensing fees and service fees from download services (if any).
4. Deliver Files. If you already have your recordings in a “minus track” format (without the lead singer), we’re ready to go. We can arrange to remix your recordings, dropping out the lead vocal, if you have access to your multi-tracks. If you want to make some fresh new recordings, specifically for this business, we’ll work out a list of songs for you to record.
5. Start Receiving Income. We will deliver your recordings to numerous download services. We will fingerprint your recordings so all uses are detected and reported. Your songs will be available for TV show and movie licensing. You will receive a quarterly report and payment for an income generated by your recordings.
This is one of those no-brainers. If you have recordings, you have nothing to lose. This is a new stream of income you weren’t working before. And it’s all being done for you in the background. We’re making additional income for you while you are out working the more conventional avenues. You can’t argue with 30 years of success.
Give us a call 801-785-0949. Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get you started right away.